Wow! Can't believe it has been 3 years since the last time I took a figure drawing class (with Kevin Chen)! This time I'm learning figure drawing from the legendary Mark Westermoe~
Interestingly, after a 3 year break, the way I draw now is different from before. Actually, the way I see the model becomes different too. With regular training in painting in the last 2 years, I've got a new habit to draw/paint with shadow as my priority, rather than lines that describe human anatomy previously. After all, there's seldom lines in paintings. Often, I even block-in mass first before any line laid in. Particularly in short pose sessions when there's time constraint, I find myself unconsciously use this approach a lot. Above are some drawings I did during the first 3 weeks in the class. Just for the record 10 mins, 5 mins, 1 hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment